Monday, August 24, 2009

God's hand

before my trip I prayed and still pray that God would prepare Chile for me and me for Chile. and He has. I have never once felt "what am I doing here" which has been truly amazing. the connections that I have made and used since I have been in Chile has just proven to me that this is where I am supposed to be and where God wants me.

1) my first week, i stayed with a family in Santiago. the family of a girl that i met in a study abroad meeting at Vandy. She wasn't there but her family and best friends took great care of me.

2) then I arrived in Vina del Mar where I am currently living and have been attending a church run by missionaries that my church when i lived in Florida supports. this church has been so incredible and i would love for you to pray for it! the church is called CEMIPRE and the pastor is John Rugg, wife Cathy.

3) i also changed host families after the first week. this was a hard thing to do (difficult to leave my first mom), but i am so glad that I did. my new family has been such a blessing to me! i would also love for you to join me in praying for my family - dad Victor, mom Francisca, brother Alejandro, and sister Fransica!

4) i have also gotten to know the family of a Vanderbilt friend, Cam Flores (who was a SigEp with my brother), that lives here in Vina. the family is Cam's aunt and uncle and cousins. Tete is my age and has been a great support!

my time here so far has been so sweet. i am growing and can see God's hand working in my life. i am also thankful for those of you reading my blog and praying for me while i am here!

1 comment:

  1. Sarah!

    This post makes me so happy. God is good, and I am so glad His hand has been evident in everything in Chile!! Praying for you =)

    Love/miss you oh so much,

    Alex

    ReplyDelete