Monday, August 17, 2009

the epitome of disorganization

So I have already described my experience with registering for classes = disastrous. This past week my classes actually began, well some of them at least.

Monday: being the norteamericana that I am, I was sufficiently early for my first class as my very first class was with chilenos! Well, the door was locked and I waited at the door for 10 minutes after the class has ¨started¨ and then proceeded to ask someone for help… I was advised to ask the ¨portero¨ if my class had been moved. Much to my dismay, my class was moved from 2pm to 5:20pm, so I then had a ¨choque¨ because I had another class at the exact same time. Perfect. So I got to play around for three and a half hours as I waited for my next class. Fortunately, my next class was at the correct time in the correct place.

Tuesday: I had my history class at 8:15 in the morning…muy temprano!!! I drove in with my mom and siblings and got to class at 8. at 8:20 the professor comes strolling in and informs all of us that our class had been moved to Thursday at 10:05. Perfecto. Choque numero 2 porque mi clase de teatro chileno también está jueves a las 10:05. This class was only for exchange students too, so everyone had woken up early and was in class on time. The nerve of some professors. I then went to a poetry class which I hadn’t signed up for and was told was full. So now, I am taking Poesía Contemporáneo, Danzas Tradicionales, Gramática para Extranjeros 2, Juegos Mapuches, Teatro Chileno, and Cuentos Latinoamericanos.

The rest of my week went according to plan! But it truly is amazing how unorganized the school system is here!

1 comment: