Wednesday, December 23, 2009

a time of reflection

now that I am back in los estados unidos, it has been kind of weird.

i thought that it would be weird coming home, that I would feel drastically different, that I would send off different vibes...something. I was greeted at the airport lovingly by my mommy, daddy, Rebekah, and Karlie (she was a surprise!!!) and then headed off to go see Hannah in Athens. we enjoyed a lovely breakfast at Mama's Boy in Athens (I highly recommend it to everyone!), saw her dorm room, etc and then headed home.

upon reaching perry,driving in off the highway, taking a right onto macon road.......nothing felt weird or different....it felt normal as if i had done it everyday these past five months. and then i figured out that that is what home is. Home is the place that makes you feel as if you had never left. Immediate comfort. Love. Hugs. Lots of hugs.

English came back without any problems. at all. I can see now, only after 10 days of being home, how easy it would be to completely lose Spanish.

I had a yearning for people to ask me "How was Chile?" or "What did you do in Chile?", but no one did. I asked Hannah and Karlie in the car - "Aren't you going to ask me about my trip?" - and they responded "Well, we read your blog and talked to you quite a bit so we feel as if we know everything already." I even got to be in our Christmas card photo. I was sort of hoping that a picture of me while i was in Chile would make it in the Christmas card, but they waited instead.

Have I changed? really, have I changed?
I really hope so. I hope that I continue to be relaxed - all the time. maybe not relaxed relaxed, but relaxed enough so that I can keep my eyes open to the big picture and remember that God is ALWAYS in control, so in the end what are all of these silly things going to matter? Relaxed enough that I can appreciate the sun set, or the sunrise, or my friends when I am with them, or my health, or the coffee that I am now drinking.
Relaxed enought to appreciate the little and subtle things in life that used to go unnoticed. I hope that I can travel within the United States some more. That I can see what my own country is about and appreciate my liberty within it. America is an awesome place that we all take for granted. our streets our clean, along with our water, we all have cars (no more micros!!! YES!!), I go to a great university that I got to choose, we are encouraged to be entrepreneurs and have the ability to be successful in anything we set our hands to do; the men respect the women - i haven't yet been whistled at since I have been home :)

I have been getting frustrated with the little things since I have been home. things that now appear little to me since i have just experienced and taken in so much. my eyes have been widened. i have a new perspective. so don't be offended if i say something different than what you wanted to hear, but maybe wonder why does she think that now. the world is so big. and my sphere of influence at home is so small. when you live in a small world there are still big things right? should there be? or should we be searching for bigger things?

if you walk in late to church is it really rude? should I judge that person? No. i don't know why that person is late first of all, and second of all, if that person came because he had a desire in his heart to come. and he might be sitting there in that pew REALLY there, unlike his neighbor next to him was there on time.

I have learned not to judged. which is kind of ironic because while i was in Chile Colleen and I would always joke around by saying "stop judging me" or "dont judge me". I have heard some stories about people. You can never really understand a person until you know there history, ¿me cachai? Why am I the way that I am? well, there are 20 years of stuff that has shaped me into the person I am today. and everyday will continue to shape me. God is so good. and He is the one forming me into the woman that He wants me to become.

i feel different on the inside. but at the same time, i feel like i haven't changed. it is bizarre.

No comments:

Post a Comment