Wednesday, October 7, 2009

daddy loves la sebastiana . . .


NOT!

dad couldn''t figure out why Pablo Neruda is such an icon here in Chile. granted - he received the nobel prize in literature, but even Rebekah can do that! we did enjoy playing on the see-saws outside of the house though!

and while we were inside we met a lady, older lady - like 70, who is studying in santiago this semester (for free because she is de tercera edad). different. but super cool. so we got to talking (or dad got to talking) and we ended up hanging out. we walked to el museo abierto de grafiti y walked down the cerro together. then we went to a feria/artesenia en valpo and she bought some stuff and i bought flowers for my mom!

here we are with mister pablo . . .


we then returned home and had a nice lunch with my family! sopa de asparagus, pastel de choclo y papayas para postre . . .y mis brownies for REAL dessert after the papaya. HAHA! Dad also showed my family my gymnastics video! apparently i hadn't told my family that i was a gymnast before....i thought i had but now i am realizing that i don't think they actually understand me the whole time. anyways, the LOVED it! and now my brother has it on his ipod. yes. i am famous.

we then went to church and dad got to talk to John and Cathy Rugg! i am sooo glad he is here!!!!

peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment